First Aid – Class
or Call 916-996-3435for information on class sign ups and availability.
Check out our Online classes library
The course in this program teach skills that participants need to know to give immediate care to a suddenly injured or ill person until more advanced medical personnel arrive and take over.
– Identify the signals of common sudden illnesses and how to care for common sudden illnesses. – Describe how to care for someone who is having a seizure.
– Identify the signals of and how to care for heat-related illnesses and cold-related emergencies.
- Identify signals of and how to care for various soft tissue and musculoskeletal injuries.
- Demonstrate how to control external bleeding.
- Identify signals of and explain how to care for head, neck and spinal injuries.
- Explain how to care for muscle, bone or joint injuries.
Length – 3.5 hours
Prerequisites – 18 years +